One Sunday morning over the holiday we spent some time thinking about our group name, Miracle Stars.
I’d only just discovered we had a special name – I thought we were just the 8-11s!!! And what a great name! It got me thinking……
I started wondering and asking Father God, “What could it look like for us to be Miracle Stars? Not just to have the name, but to actually be living like Miracle Stars for You, God, in Your world?”
First of all I thought about the world “miracle”. I think that a miracle is something that only Father God, in all His greatness, can do. It’s not like a card trick or part of a magic show that looks amazing but can be learnt if you know the secret and practice a bit. A miracle is life-changing and points to what God has done and who He is. Hmmmm…….That means that we, as Miracle Stars, might have something about our lives that only God could have done. When He breathes His life into us it’s a miracle, it’s life-changing and no=one and nothing else can affect our lives in quite the same way. Great!
Then I started thinking about stars. Our world is full of “stars” – pop stars, sports stars, TV stars, stars who are stars just because they are famous, beautiful looking people stars…..But there is one star in Matthew 2 that really caught my eye. It’s the star the astrologers saw who came to visit Jesus in the Christmas story (remember them? “We three kings” / gold, frankincense etc?!). They saw the star and said to Herod, “Where is the one called King of the Jews? We have seen his star in the east and have come to worship him.” I love that. The star had two jobs. Firstly, it pointed the astrologers to where Jesus could be found. Secondly, it led them to worship him. Wouldn’t it be great if we were the kind of stars whose lives pointed other people to Jesus, helped them get to know him and showed them how to make Him the biggest thing in their life too?
Learning how to become that kind of Miracle Star is the tricky bit, I suppose, but that’s what we help each other to do every time we meet. And there are some great tips to be found in Philippians 2 on how to shine just like this kind of star for Father God in his world. See if you can read it before we look at it together on May 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment